How to use a pendulum
After you've used your intuition to pick out the pendulum that's perfect for you, you're ready to consult the tool for guidance.
1. Cleanse: As with crystals, pendulums need cleansing too. Cleanse the pendulum with sage, outside under a full moon, soaking it in sea salt if the material or crystal is water and salt friendly, or simply by holding it under cold tap water
2. Prep your questions: We recommend having multiple questions to ask. "When looking for clarity or guidance around a situation, have more than one question prepared about the topic to help you gain as much insight as possible and as much guidance.
3. Learn how the pendulum moves: It's key to learn what is 'yes' and what is 'no, of what to do before asking the pendulum a question. AKA—you have to figure out how it will speak to you. "Take a moment to find a comfortable seat and quiet your mind. Take a few deep cleansing breaths to open up and clear your mind, body, and spirit. Holding the pendulum in your dominant hand with the chain or top link between your thumb and index finger, ask 'show me yes' and 'show me no,' or 'what does yes look like' and 'what does no look like.'" When you do this, the pendulum will either swing vertically, horizontally, or in circular motions. Take note as to what each answer looks like—for instance, if it went up and down vertically when you said 'show me yes,' that is how it will respond in an affirmative way to your question. "You could also ask 'show me neutral' if you want that option too.
4. Start with what you know: To get the pendulum going, ask questions you already know the answer to. "For example, ask if your name is what your name is, and 'do I live in [insert city]." This can help you connect with the pendulum and get to know its directional swings and how it will communicate with you.
5. Remain open: Using a pendulum is all about being at ease. Just like when you are going through a meditation, try to simply allow the pendulum to communicate freely with you. The more open you are to receive, the easier you and the pendulum can communicate. And remember, like any practice, you can enjoy the experience and trust in your ability to connect because you already have your own answers. It's just a tool, that's merely there to help you get closer to your own intuition. You have your own inner truth, after all.
Hematite is brimming with healing properties. It’s like throwing a protective cloak over your shoulder, grabbing your shield and sword, and stepping out the door. This stone brings a deep heartfelt confidence thanks to its ability to stop toxic emotions in their tracks. It’s connected to the root chakra, which is the foundation of our stability in this world, and it keeps us clear-minded and sassy with self-care every single day.
Physical Healing Properties
- Good for circulation
- Helps with blood pressure and heavy periods
With a rich past and a high iron content that has long kept Hematite connected to the blood, it comes as no surprise that Hematite is considered to be one of the best stones for amping up healthy circulation in the body. If you have high blood pressure, clots, heavy periods, or any kind of health issue connected with blood flow, this is a stone you need in your life. Hematite keeps your tissue in tip-top shape, it makes sure you can properly absorb all your nutrients, and it detoxifies the body (along with the mind and soul).
Mental & Emotional Healing Properties
- Brings strength
- Protects from negative energy
Hematite is a strength bringer - it’s a Stone for the Mind. If you often find yourself at the mercy of other peoples bad moods and vibes, then Hematite is ever ready to step in and make sure that you don’t become a sponge for negative energy. For those who are high empaths, Hematite is an incredible investment. It somehow manages to kickstart our survival instinct and is all about infusing us with courage, willpower, and confidence enhancing abilities.
For those who sometimes feel like they live life a little on the timid side, Hematite is here to give your self-esteem a hearty boost. This new strength of character can help you to overcome all kinds of things. Addictive behaviors, poor patterns, and being a people pleaser – all these traits can be thrown out the window when Hematite comes in.
- Connected to the root chakra
- Balances yin and yang energy
A strong rooting stone, Hematite is connected to the Root Chakra and the Solar Plexus Chakra. Our base chakras are where our confidence, belief in self, and feelings of security sit. When these are activated we feel unshakable which helps us to make decisions that are in complete alignment with our own souls. Hematite is also celebrated for its yin-yang balancing out. The stone is able to both the spiritual and the physical nervous system and merge them into beautiful balanced alignment.
Natural crystal pendulum Chain + wire finish: Silver
The pendulum you receive will be intuitively selected. Due to the nature of these products, the tones and patterns of the crystal can vary.